2016 North Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook
An RMS Report on What’s Behind the Forecasts
Near-average to above-average hurricane activity is predicted for the 2016 North Atlantic hurricane season, with 10-19 named storms, 4-10 hurricanes, and 1-4 major hurricanes expected.
The latest RMS report on North Atlantic hurricanes details:
- Seasonal forecasts from a variety of groups showing a range of expectations
- The possible evolution of the El Niño Southern Oscillation (ENSO) into La Niña conditions through the season
- Other key forecast drivers, in particular the evolution of Atlantic sea surface temperatures
- The probability of one or more hurricanes making landfall on the U.S. coast
- Uncertainties inherent in seasonal forecasts
For a detailed look at the 2016 season, download the report today.